Before working with any word, it’s best to have a full understanding of what the word means. Here is how Dictionary.com defines the word:
noun, plural –ries, verb, –ried, –ry·ing.
1. a narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.
2. a fictitious tale, shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
3. such narratives or tales as a branch of literature: song and story.
4. the plot or succession of incidents of a novel, poem, drama, etc.: The characterizations were good, but the story was weak.
5. a narration of an incident or a series of events or an example of these that is or may be narrated, as an anecdote, joke, etc.
6. a narration of the events in the life of a person or the existence of a thing, or such events as a subject for narration: the story of medicine; the story of his life.
7. a report or account of a matter; statement or allegation: The story goes that he rejected the offer.
Here are some of the ways the word Story spoke to me:
- Learning lots of life lessons by listening to other people’s stories.
- Writing my own STORY for 2011. I have thought a lot about making some major life changes and I believe that now is the time to make them.
- Capturing the stories of my family.
Looking so very forward to the stories 2011 will bring with it.
What’s your word for 2011?